Spring has sprung here in the northern hemisphere and this is often the time when we get the energy to transpire after a long and dreary winter. We prepare for the new growth, feel energized to expand and start anew, purge, clean and throw old things away and of course, Let Things Go.
So today I am going to invite you to consider doing your Spring Cleaning of the Inside. You can start by looking at what Inner Beliefs you are holding that you don’t need anymore. What can you let go of? What can you throw away?
Over the years of working with clients, I have found that one of the major things that get in our way is the Beliefs that we hold about ourselves that we have taken on as our truths.
We tend to carry these beliefs within ourselves, for years sometimes, holding them, and believing them until they become our truth. There are many negative beliefs that we berate ourselves with and they tend to hold us at ransom. Until we can finally let them go, they will repeat themselves over and over and over again.
Things such as:
- I am stupid.
- I should have got that right.
- I am hopeless.
- I hate the way…(fill in the blank) looks.
- There is something wrong with me.
- I am not worthy of this.
- I can’t do that because… (it will make me look silly, I will seem too pushy)
- I cannot ask for what I want because… (I am not good enough, not deserving..)
- You can also have negative beliefs about relationships, work, money, the state of the world, etc.
- I will never have enough
- I am not lucky enough in love
- I am not skilled enough or educated etc. to get that job/promotion/raise…
- It is tough to live in this world
These are beliefs that don’t serve you, they pull you down, they cause contractions in the body and they keep you small. They stop you from flourishing; they take your freedom away.
With Spring arriving, take some time to “DECLUTTER” you!
You can also have negative beliefs about relationships, work, money, the state of the world, etc:
Take a moment to think of what negative belief or fear is holding you back. Ask yourself this:
What is one limiting belief you have right now?
Why do you have it? Where did it come from?
What do you experience that reinforces that belief?
Does it still hold true today?
Do you need it anymore; is it time to let it go?
What is your real truth?
Once you have made your lists it is now time to reinforce the change. You have to re-train and create new grooves in your brain with a new way of thinking and being.